How to Format a Hard Drive Partition in Windows 8 with Free Disk Management Tool
Why need to format Windows 8 hard drive partition?
Why do you want to format your hard drive in Windows 8? Generally speaking, there are a few common reasons and countless others:
- When you intend to give up your old hard drive because you purchased a new one for your Windows 8, formatting hard drive is necessary because no matter who gets the hard drive after you they will never get any personal information off of it that you would not want anyone to have.
- Your Windows 8 hard drive may have been badly infected with nasty viruses and contained bad sectors. In this case you would like to remove them from your hard drive partition.
- Although NTFS file system is considered having more advantages than FAT32, some devices can not recognize NTFS, such as Xbox 360, PS3, etc. In order to make sure these programs can work with your Windows 8, you can format hard drive partition from NTFS to FAT32.
When you format a Windows 8 hard drive, you will lose everything on it. Therefore, it is very important to create a backup of anything you might want later.
Format a hard drive in Windows 8 with Disk Management
- Open Windows 8 Disk Management by pressing "Windows + R" and typing "diskmgmt.msc".
- Right click on the hard drive partition (here’s E) and select "Format…" in the drop-down menu.
- In the pop-up window, you can change partition label, file system and cluster size.
You can only format a partition whose size is smaller than 32GB from NTFS to FAT32 with Windows 8 Disk Management. Then, how to format a hard drive partition whose size is larger than 32GB?
Format hard drive partition with free partition manager
Tip: If you need to format your hard drive in Windows 8, please download
and install a full version of this free partition manager first.
Step1: ILaunch AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition.
Step2: Select the hard drive partition (here’s E on Disk 2) you want to format. Then, right click on it and select "Format Partition".
In the pop-up window, you can type a partition label, choose NTFS or FAT32 file system and change cluster size.
Step3: Click "Apply".
It is very easy to format a hard drive partition in Windows 8 with AOMEI Partition Assistant. Besides, you can enjoy other benefits of hard drive partition management. Now free download to try.
As ALL-IN-ONE partition manager and powerful disk management tool, AOMEI Partition Assistant also allows you to do the following
operation in Windows 8:
AOMEI Partition Assistant and try it out.